February 23, 2010

Dog Identification/Vaccination Forms

To be able to participate in the Dog Project with your dog, you need to fill out the Dog Project Identification Affidavit and Vaccination Verfication Form. It is due to the Blue Earth County Extension Office by May 15th.

At the top of the form, you will fill out your county and club, name, and contact information. There is also a spot for information about your dog. Include your dog's name, age, the predominant breed (a purebred dog would be their breed and a mixed breed would be the dog it is most mixed with, such as a 1/2 Lab, 1/2 mixed breed dog would be listed as predominantly Labrador), and any colors and/or markings on your dog, such as white patches, solid colors, and the pattern of the dog's coat if not solid. You will also mark if your dog is spayed/neutered or not.

In the place requiring a photo of your dog, make sure that the photo clearly shows the dog (so a full body photo is much better than a head shot) without having extra items in the photo, such as people or other dogs. It is also very improtant that the photo doesn't cover any of the information you filled out.

One of the shots your dog must have is the Rabies vaccine. Besides Rabies, your dog will also need a DHPP. DHPP means Distemper, Hepatitis, Parinfluenza, and Parvovirus. The form asks for a DHLPP (DHPP with Leptosprirosis), but by placing an "X" in the appropriate box on the form the Lepto shot is not needed.

Make sure that the vet that gives your dog shots fills out the Clinic information, especially the administering vet's name and signature.

If your dog had shots from 2 different vets (such as Rabies at one and DHPP or DHLPP at another), you will need to send in 2 forms, one from each vet since the vet that gave the shot needs to sign their name at the bottom. Leave the information about the vaccine that the vet did NOT give blank, and make a note to "see other form."

If your dog needs booster shots during the summer, make sure you have another form submitted to keep your records up-to-date.

If two different handlers are using the same dog (for example, if 2 kids are showing the same family dog in separate events), two forms will need to be filed for that dog, one for each youth. In the same way, if one person is using two dogs to show, a form needs to be filed for each dog.

You can find the form here: http://www1.extension.umn.edu/youth/mn4-H/projects/docs/dog-identification-affidavit.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment